- The face that launched a thousand ships?
Helen of Troy
- Where is the Arctic and Antarctic expedition ship 'FRAM' now?
- In 1716 who devised a method of calculated our distance from the sun using the transit of Venus?”
- What was the name of the ship converted to become Captain Cooks 'ENDEAVOUR?
Earl of Pembroke
- Anagram: Two Words; Famous shipping line who had its offices in Liverpool: AEWIHTRST
- Historically rung once for good news twice for bad.
The Lutine Bell
- K Adlard Coles famously said. The best bilge pump of all is?
A bucket in the hands of a frightened man
- What’s a Crab?
A small capstan, usually portable
- Few people with ancraophobia become sailors. Why, what are they afraid of?
- Eternal Father strong to save, whose arm hath bound the restless wave... Name the hymn For those in Peril on the Sea
- A flat, sloping surface created by slicing the edge off a timber.
- A trader in black cargo ---T--- ---ODO-- -A-O-
Captain Theodore Canot
- What’s the name and occupation of the RNLI’s most decorated lifeboatman?
Henry Blogg, Crab Fisherman & Deck Chair Attendant
- What’s the Cockpit on a Ship?
The surgeon’s compartment, or sickbay
- Which two Scottish Islands share the same five letters.
Orsay and Soray
Those who add more than one answer will be given a half-point but only if it's the first answer which is correct. Now that some of the questions are getting a little harder, it remains close.
Don't forget to check your mailboxes this coming Thursday for our next set of nautical questions. Enjoy!
|1. Bob Angell||12|
|2. Richard Watters||9.5|
|3. Mike Beckett||9|