May (LA12) was built by Crossfields of Hoylake, one of only three boats built at Hoylake and the only one remaining today. Built in 1920 for the River Dee Estuary for shrimping and fishing, she was called May after May Crossfield one of the boat builders family. She lay for years sunk in the Liverpool Docks after being hit during the blitz during World War II.
May was bought by David Wilson and professionally rebuilt in 1986-87. A past winner of the Liverpool Nobby Race and is now owned by Barry Sharrat, she is built of pitch pine and oak and is 32ft long.